Unlike other natural oils which start to break down at 300oF or lower, Argan oil can withstand higher temperatures (smoke point = 420oF) so you can safely use it as a heat protectant. By using Argan oil, you won’t fry your hair while using a straightening iron or curling wand. … Argan oil makes styling easier.
Does argan oil protect hair from heat?
Premium Nature Argan Oil Hair Protector Spray – Thermal Heat Protectant For Styling Treatment Against Flat Iron & Hot Blow Dry (118.29 ml) PREMIUM NATURE BRINGS YOU AN AMAZING ARGAN OIL HAIR PROTECTANTThis Premium Nature Argan Oil Hair Protectant is the ultimate nourishment and protectant for your hair.
Should you put oil in your hair before straightening?
Avoid Oil Before Ironing
Applying a natural oil (we recommend Playa’s Ritual Hair Oil, $38) after you iron is fine. Sometimes you need a little weight afterward, but don’t put oil on your hair before you press it. This will heat the oil, and then oil will eventually deep-fry your hair.
Which oil is best for heat protectant?
5 Best Natural Heat Protectant Oils for Hair Styling
- Coconut Oil. Smoke point: 350˙ºF. Can someone please tell us what coconut oil can’t do? …
- Grapeseed Oil. Smoke point: 420ºF. If you haven’t used grapeseed oil as a natural heat protectant, you’re truly missing out on its benefits. …
- Argan Oil. Smoke point: 420ºF.
What can I use if I don’t have heat protectant spray?
“The goal is just to create a barrier between your strands and the heat, so any leave-in conditioner, serum, cream or oil can achieve that,” said Reyman. Bottom line: If you already use a styling or conditioning product like the ones we just listed above, you don’t need a separate heat protectant.
What can I use instead of heat protectant for hair?
Now, let’s see these heat protectant substitutes first.
- Argan oil. Made from the natural kernels on the argan tree, argan oil is a type of natural oil that is commonly used as a protector for heat. …
- Shea Butter. If you are tired of using those heat protectants with silicones, shea butter can help. …
- Coconut Oil. …
- Almond Oil.
Can I put argan oil on my hair after straightening?
Hair spas and hair masks help too by replenishing nutrients and adding vitamins your hair will need after the straightening process. Touching up with pure argan oil to smooth out frizz or give your hair an extra sheen is recommended too.