BT Virus Protect is compatible with Windows 10, but as posted by @liam, it will use your pc’s resources. You may need a pc with a high specification.
How do I install BT virus protection on my PC?
How to get BT Virus Protect
- Visit My BT and log in.
- Click Your Security in the top menu bar.
- Find the BT Virus Protect Panel and click Manage.
- Follow instructions to activate BT Virus Protect and begin the download.
- Download and install it, looking for the McAfee icon in your system tray, which means you’re protected.
Is BT Virus Protect any good?
Most broadband providers include a form of viruses and malware protection in their packages, and some team up with big names to provide you with the best protection online. BT Web Protect is free, reliable and does the job effectively and efficiently.
How do I remove BT virus protection from Windows 10?
Removing BT Virus Protect from a PC
- Go to Start Control Panel Programs. …
- On the next screen, select both the “BT Virus Protect” and “SiteAdvisor” check boxes and then click Remove.
- Once the software has been removed, click on Restart now to restart your PC.
- Click on Run to run it there and then.
Is BT Virus Protect as good as McAfee?
BT Virus Protect from McAfee is better than it used to be since the last full update. As it no longer slows down our PC/laptop as much as it used to when doing a virus scan. BT virus Protect from McAfee is much the same as McAfee Total Protection.
How much does BT Virus Protect cost?
BT Virus Protect comes with either 2 or 15 licences, and it’s free with all broadband products. This means you can install it on up to 2 or 15 computers or laptops; PCs or Macs. If you get two licences but want more, you can buy 15-licence BT Virus Protect for just £4 a month, with the first month absolutely free.
Does BT Virus Protect work on Iphone?
BT Virus Protect is just for Android devices and desktop computers runnnig Windows / OS X. They don’t make a product for iOS.
Should I activate BT Web Protect?
Yes, you do. BT Web Protect offers online protection by warning you if you‘re about to visit a potentially harmful website. BT Virus Protect builds on this, giving you an extra layer of security, both online and offline. It protects against viruses, scams, spyware, phishing attacks and other internet threats.
Do I need BT Virus Protect on my iPad?
Although you may well be limited to Apple’s App Store when it comes to getting apps and games, it’s also one of the reasons why iPhones and iPads are safe from viruses and malware. The short answer, then, is no, you don’t need to install antivirus software on your iPad or iPhone.
How do I remove a device from BT virus protect?
Hi @Anonymous, You can remove the device yourself, here’s how to manage your licences.
- Once you’ve logged in to My BT, scroll down and click on the Manage your Security link.
- Click on the “Manage BT Virus Protect” icon.
- Click the tab showing the computer you want to deselect. …
- Click Deactivate.
Does BT virus protect work on Windows 7?
2GB RAM for Windows 7 and above. 500 MB free drive space.
How do I remove Btweb installer?
How To Remove or Uninstall btweb.exe
- Or the btweb.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for btweb.exe or the software name BitTorrent Web in the search bar or try out the developer name BitTorrent.
Which is the most secure Internet provider?
If you want the most secure Internet provider, then go with Verizon Fios. A strong competitor to Verizon Fios is Google Fiber. Google Fiber, as the name suggests, also offers fiber optic Internet. They offer incredibly fast speeds — up to 1,000 Mbps — and a secure connection.
Does BT virus protection slows down my computer?
Re: BT Virus Protect install has slowed Windows IE
Assuming you are running Windows 10, then the protection included with it, is normally fine.
Does McAfee protect against phishing?
Phishing protection prevents you from accessing fraudulent websites that try to obtain your personal information. … You do not need to add sites like Google, Yahoo!, or McAfee, because these are known legitimate websites. SiteAdvisor® and Anti-Spam share the same technology to provide phishing protection.