Go to My Computer/This PC and under Devices with Removable Storage, look for your pen drive device. Right-click on it and click Properties. Click Edit, in the pop-up box, sometimes there’s an option to Remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.
How do I remove write protection from USB fat32?
Disable Write Protection Using Diskpart
- list disk.
- select disk x (where x is the number of your non-working drive – use the capacity to work out which one it is) …
- create partition primary.
- format fs=fat32 (you can swap fat32 for ntfs if you only need to use the drive with Windows computers)
Why can’t I remove write protection USB?
Disk Write Protected FAQ
If your USB flash drive, SD card or hard drive is write-protected, you can easily remove write protection. You can try running a virus scan, checking and ensuring the device isn’t full, disabling read-only status for a file, using diskpart, editing Windows Registry and formatting the device.
How can I remove write protection from my pendrive in Windows 10?
Use Diskpart to Remove Write Protection From USB Drives
- Insert the USB drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Press Windows key+X.
- Select Run.
- Enter diskpart and then select OK. …
- Next to DISKPART>, enter list disk and press Enter.
- In the list of mounted disks, find your USB drive and note the disk number.
How do I remove write protection from a hard drive?
Disabling Read-Only With Diskpart
- Type “diskpart” in the black Run window and press Enter.
- Type “list disk” and press Enter.
- Type “select disk d,” replacing the “d” with the drive letter you are working on. …
- Type “attributes disk clear readonly” and press Enter. …
- Type “Exit” and press Enter to close the window.
How can I remove write protection from my SanDisk pen drive?
- Type DISKPART in Windows search box and hit enter.
- Enter LIST VOLUME and press enter.
- Type SELECT VOLUME #, the # is the volume number of your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD drive, which you want to remove write protection from.
- Type ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY, press enter.
How do I remove write protection from command prompt?
Disable write protection using command line (CMD)
- Connect your write protected SD card to your computer.
- Right Click on Start. …
- Type diskpart and hit Enter.
- Type list disk and hit Enter. …
- Type select disk
- Type attributes disk clear readonly and press Enter.
How do I fix write protected media?
How to Fix “Media Is Write Protected” in Windows
- Check Your Media for a Write Protection Switch.
- Removing Write Protection from Files and Folders.
- Run a Disk Scan.
- Run a Full Malware Scan.
- Check System Files for Corruption.
- Use Advanced Formatting Tools.
- Remove Write Protection With DiskPart.
How do I fix windows unable to complete the format?
3 Useful Solutions to Windows Was Unable to Complete the Format SD Card
- Right-click the hard drive partition and choose the “Format” option.
- In the new window, set the Partition label, File system, and Cluster size for the partition, then click “OK”.
- You can see a warning window, click “OK” to continue.
What do you mean by write-protected?
Write-protection is a feature on SD cards and other forms of flash memory that prevents data stored on the card from being deleted and new data from being added. It exists to ensure that you cannot inadvertently write over critical data on your SD card or delete data to make space to write new files.
How do I take write protection off my phone?
How to remove write protection on micro SD card Samsung?
- list disk.
- select disk n (where n is your Samsung SD card which can be distinguished by storage size)
- attrib disk clear Readonly.