Connect your flash drive to one of the USB ports on your computer. Open Windows Explorer (Windows + E) then right-click your USB drive. Select Turn on BitLocker. At this point, it will ask you to add and confirm your password.
How can I lock my USB port with password?
To enable or disable your USB port just click on USB & CD lock then check the options that meet your requirement. To give permission to external devices to connect to your system you need to go to security and select ‘automatically pop-up the check password dialog box whenever you plug in USB disk’.
How do I password protect a USB port in Windows 10?
Gilisoft USB Lock helps to lock USB port with password protection easily. You can block USB port with password or unblock USB port easily using this tool without any modification to Windows Registry. Just download and install the Gilisoft USB Lock and lock USB Port with password on your system at any time.
How can I lock my USB port with password without software?
How to Lock USB Port Without Software?
- Step 1: Go to “My Computer” and Right Click Then “Properties” …
- Step 2: Go to “Device Manager” …
- Step 3: Find and Expand “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”
How do you unlock a USB port?
Enable USB Ports via Device Manager
- Click the Start button and type “device manager” or “devmgmt. …
- Click “Universal Serial Bus controllers” to see a list of USB ports on the computer.
- Right-click each USB port, then click “Enable.” If this does not re-enable the USB ports, right-click each again and select “Uninstall.”
How do I lock a USB port with group policy?
Open the Group Policy Management Console (gpmc. msc). Right-click on the organizational unit (OU) you want to apply the policy to and click Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here. Enter a name for the policy (e.g. Block USB Devices) and click OK.
How do I stop my USB ports from turning off?
Scroll down and locate the “USB settings” option in the list of advanced power settings. Expand this section and set “USB selective suspend setting” to “Disabled”. Click “OK” to save your settings. From now on, Windows won’t automatically suspend any connected USB devices.
How do I unlock a blocked Mcafee USB port?
- Log on to the ePO console.
- Navigate to Menu, Data Protection, and DLP Policy Manager.
- Click the Definitions tab.
- Expand Device Control and click Device Templates.
- Click Actions, New, Removable Storage Device Template.
- Type a descriptive name for the Removable Storage Device Template.
How do I know if my USB is disabled?
Method 1: Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes
- Click Start, and then click Run. …
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
- Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
- Check the USB device to see whether it is working.