How do I change security settings on Android?
Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock to choose a new option or change your code. Depending on your device, you may also have Face unlock or Fingerprint unlock as an option here.
How do I change my security settings on my phone?
Go into Settings and select Smart Lock. Enter your password, PIN or pattern. Choose any number of the three options: On-body detection, Trusted places or Trusted devices. With the On-body detection feature enabled, your Android will remain unlocked while it’s on your person and in motion.
Where is my security settings?
Scroll down to security & location. Under device security, you’ll see the screen lock setting. This will show you what unlock security mode is currently enabled, and a gear icon next to it will allow you to change your lock screen settings.
Where is security on this phone?
On your Android phone, go to myaccount.google.com/security.
Where is security and location in settings?
GPS Location Settings – Android™
From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Location. If unavailable, navigate: Settings > Security & Location. If available, tap Location.
How do I change the security settings on my Samsung phone?
- Open Settings.
- Tap Security (on Alcatel and Samsung phones, tap Lock Screen)
- Tap Screen Lock. Note: If prompted, enter your current password, PIN, or pattern.
- Choose your screen lock preference: none, swipe, password, PIN, or pattern. …
- Tap Done.
How do I turn off my security settings?
Start the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap “Lock Screen.” Depending on which version of Android or what device you’re using, you’ll find it in a slightly different place. …
- Tap “Screen lock type” (or, in some cases, just “Screen lock”). …
- Tap “None” to disable all the security on your phone’s lock screen.
Which Android phone is most secure?
Most secure Android phone 2021
- Best overall: Google Pixel 5.
- Best alternative: Samsung Galaxy S21.
- Best Android one: Nokia 8.3 5G Android 10.
- Best cheap flagship: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
- Best value: Google Pixel 4a.
- Best low cost: Nokia 5.3 Android 10.
How do I change the security settings on my Microsoft account?
Here’s how to update that security info:
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/account/ and sign into your Microsoft account.
- Select Security and then select Update my info.
- Sign into your account again and select Add security info.
- Choose to add a new phone number or email address, add your new info, and select Next.
Where is security in settings on iPhone 7?
Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and enter your current passcode. Then, go to Change Passcode and, from the Passcode Options and set a Custom Numeric Code. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to all your logins by asking new devices to confirm that they’re legit.
How do I check the security on my Android phone?
Open your device’s Settings app. Tap Security. Check for an update: To check if a security update is available, tap Security update.
How can I improve my cell phone security?
5 ways to improve security on your Android
- Set a strong screen lock. …
- Use alternative unlocking methods. …
- Enable Find My Device. …
- Revisit Your App Permissions. …
- Encrypt Your Phone.