Just exporting the Client Status log will do the trick. So, via the SEPM console go to MONITORS -> Logs -> Client Status Log Type, and select whatever filters you want. Click to “View Logs” and export.
How do I move Symantec Endpoint Protection client to another server?
For Microsoft SQL server databases
- Gather the recovery file from the existing SEPM. …
- Decommission the existing SEPM. …
- Ensure that the new SEPM has the same host name as the existing SEPM. …
- Install SEPM to the new server, making sure to match the version of SEPM to the existing server.
How do I view client logs in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
To open the System log, follow these steps:
- Double-click the SEP system tray icon.
- Click View Logs.
- Click View Logs next to Client Management.
- Click System Log.
- Click Filter and set the time range appropriately.
How do I move the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager SQL database to a new SQL Server?
Back up and restore the database:
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the current server.
- Right-click the sem5 database and choose Tasks > Back Up. …
- Copy the backup file to the new SQL server.
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio for the new server.
- Right-click Databases in the server tree and click Restore Database.
To use the SylinkDrop tool to apply the Sylink. xml file
- Copy the SylinkDrop.exe file to the desktop of the client you want to be managed. …
- Double-click SylinkDrop.exe.
- When prompted to select a Sylink.
Does Symantec Endpoint Protection track websites?
Symantec’s cloud-based endpoint-protection service can monitor all of your company’s PCs with minimal setup time. … Packages such as Interguard Sonar can monitor all e-mail and IM sessions, track and filter Web usage, log users’ keystrokes and program use, and capture screenshots on command for as little as $87 per user.
What is the use of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Symantec Endpoint Protection, developed by Broadcom Inc., is a security software suite that consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers. It has the largest market-share of any product for endpoint security.
What does VDTM stands for in Symantec antivirus client?
VDTM stands for Virus Definition Transport Method (Symantec Corp)
How do I know what version of Symantec Endpoint Protection I have?
Go to Control Panel, select SEPM and then click for more options and it shoudl give you the version.