How do I check my antivirus log?
To view a Microsoft Defender Antivirus event
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Applications and Services Logs, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Defender.
- Double-click on Operational.
- In the details pane, view the list of individual events to find your event.
How do I clear my antivirus history?
From the two options in the middle pane, right-click on Operational, and click Open to view all the past logs. Now, under Windows Defender folder on the left pane, right-click on Operational. Click on Clear Log… on the menu. Select Clear or Save and Clear based on your requirement to clear the protection history.
How do I see Windows Defender results?
Where can I find scan results? To see the Microsoft Defender Offline scan results: Select Start , and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection .
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
What is Windows Defender cleanup?
Clean Up – This clears up files that are not needed anymore by Windows Defender. Mostly, these are corrupted files which were infected or was quarantined by Windows Defender. Verification – Check if there are any problems with your Windows Defender like in updates, system files, etc,.
Where are Windows Firewall logs stored?
The default path for the log is %windir%system32logfilesfirewallpfirewall. log. If you want to change this, clear the Not configured check box and type the path to the new location, or click Browse to select a file location.
How do I check my Windows firewall log?
You can see the Windows firewall log files via Notepad. Go to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Right-click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and click on Properties. The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security Properties box should appear.
How do I open Windows Defender history?
How to view malware protection history using Windows Security
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under the “Current threats” section, click the Protection history option. …
- Confirm the list of threats found by Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 will officially launch on 5 October. Both a free upgrade for those Windows 10 devices that are eligible and pre-loaded on new computers are due. This means that we need to talk about security and, specifically, Windows 11 malware.
Can I delete Windows Defender files?
Sadly, it’s not possible to completely remove Windows 10 Defender since it’s integrated into the operating system. If you try to uninstall it like any other program, it will just pop up again. The alternative is to permanently or temporarily disable it.