How do I run McAfee agent?
Use the Command Agent tool to perform selected McAfee Agent tasks from the managed system. Different Command Agent tools are available for Windows and non-Windows operating systems.
McAfee Agent command-line options
- Windows — <Program Files>McAfeeAgent.
- Linux — /opt/McAfee/Agent/bin.
- Macintosh —/Library/McAfee/Agent/bin.
How do I open McAfee agent status monitor?
Monitor the McAfee Agent status
- On the managed Mac, click the McAfee menulet on the status bar, then select McAfee Agent Status Monitor.
- Select one of these options as required: Collect and Send Props — Send properties to the McAfee ePO server. Send Events — Send events to the McAfee ePO server.
How do I find my McAfee agent?
How to view the McAfee Agent log and troubleshoot access to the agent log
- Click System Tree.
- Select a system.
- Click Actions, Agent, Show Agent Log.
How do I manually install McAfee agent on Windows?
- Copy the installation package, FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system.
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is installed.
How do I manage McAfee agent?
Assigning a McAfee Agent Policy Globally
- Click the System Tree button on the favorites bar.
- Highlight My Organization.
- Click the Assigned Policies tab. From the Product drop-down menu, select McAfee Agent. On the line that lists General, click Edit Assignment.
How do I know if McAfee is running?
In Windows, go to c:programdatamcafeeagentlogs and look at the masvc log. When it starts asci (agent to server communication interval), it will log what server it is connecting to. You can also go to the registry to hklmsoftwarewow6432nodenetwork associatesepolicy orchestratoragent.
How do I check my McAfee status?
View McAfee Agent Status Monitor
- On the managed system, right-click the McAfee Agent icon in the system tray, then select McAfee Agent Status Monitor. …
- Click Save Contents to Desktop to save the contents of the McAfee Agent log to a file. …
- When finished viewing the McAfee Agent log, click Close.
How do I download the latest McAfee agent?
Download the McAfee Agent frame package file
- In McAfee ePO, select System Tree → New Systems.
- For How to add systems, select Create and download agent installation package.
- For version, select Windows and 5.0. 5 or later.
- Click OK to download a valid McAfee Agent installation package from your McAfee ePO server.
How do I get McAfee logs?
By default, the McAfee Agent logs on Windows client systems are saved in <ProgramData>McAfeeAgentLogs. The Windows installation logs on the client system are saved in: %TEMP%McAfeeLogs, if the McAfee Agent is installed or upgraded manually.
How do I restart McAfee agent services?
Restart the McAfee Agent services:
- Click Start, Run, type services. msc , and click OK.
- Right-click the following service and select Restart: McAfee Framework Service.
How do I find my McAfee event log?
Check the Event Log for recent activity
- Open the Endpoint Security Client.
- Click Event Log on the left side of the page. …
- Select an event from the top pane to display the details in the bottom pane. …
- On the Event Log page, sort, search, filter, or reload events.
- Navigate in the Event Log.