When you set up your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account and accept the recommended settings. If you don’t turn it on during setup, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn on Reset Protection. To turn off Reset Protection, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn off Reset Protection.
How do I remove factory reset protection?
Turn Android Factory Reset Protection on or off
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click Devices.
- Click the device for which you want to set the FRP status.
- On the Show device page, click Actions > Set Factory Reset Protection.
- Select Turn on FRP or Turn off FRP.
What is reset protection Microsoft?
Reset Protection is a free service on account.microsoft.com that provides an extra layer of protection so that if your phone ends up in the wrong hands, it can’t be easily reset or reused. (Reset Protection is available only for some new phones running build 8.10.
What is factory reset protection?
Factory Reset Protection (FRP), is a security feature on Android devices with Android OS Version 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher. The FRP provides a built-in security feature you are able to use that protects your device and information, including screen locks and data encryptions.
How do I remove a Google device protection?
How do I disable Android Device Protection from my device?
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Find the Accounts option.
- Under Accounts, select Google.
- You will now see a list of Google emails that are linked to your device. …
- You will now see Sync Settings for the selected account. …
- Now select Remove Account.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device. It is similar to the concept of formatting a computer hard drive, which deletes all the pointers to your data, so the computer no longer knows where the data is stored.
Does a factory reset remove Google account?
Performing a Factory Reset will permanently delete all user data on the smartphone or tablet. Be sure to back up your data before performing a Factory Reset. Before performing a reset, if your device is operating on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, please remove your Google Account (Gmail) and your screen lock.
How do I turn off FRP before resetting?
Removing the factory reset protection (FRP)
- On the phone’s home screen, tap Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap on the account you wish to remove.
- Select More in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Remove Account.
How do I turn off reset this computer?
The best way to disable this feature is to do the following in the running Windows environment. Type in reagentc.exe /disable from the command prompt. This will disable the Reset this PC feature from the Advanced Startup option, with other servicing options intact.
How do you close your Microsoft account?
Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts . Under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, select the account you want to remove, and then select Manage. Select Delete account from this device. Select Delete to confirm.
What does factory reset delete?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled.
Important: A factory reset erases all your data from your phone.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Accounts. …
- You’ll find a Google Account username.
How do I bypass Google verification after factory reset?
- Open Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Erase Everything.
- Set up the phone until you get to the option to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Tap the text box for the Wi-Fi password (do not type a password yet)
- The keyboard should appear. On the keyboard, press and hold the Spacebar.
Can a stolen phone be unlocked?
A thief won’t be able to unlock your phone without your passcode. … However, some types of personal information remain visible, even if you’ve protected your device with a passcode. For example, the thief can see any notifications that arrive on your phone without unlocking it.