Why can’t I remove Avast from my computer?
Sometimes it’s not possible to uninstall Avast the standard way – using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use our uninstallation utility avastclear. If you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful!
How do I force Avast to Uninstall?
- Download avastclear.exe on your desktop.
- Start Windows in Safe Mode.
- Open (execute) the uninstall utility.
- If you installed Avast in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
- Click REMOVE.
- Restart your computer.
How do I remove Avast from Windows 10?
Launch the Control Panel and go to Programs. Then click on Uninstall a program. Select Avast and then click on the Uninstall button. Restart your computer.
How do you fix you do not have sufficient access to Uninstall Avast?
How can I fix insufficient access to uninstall error message?
- Try getting Administrator permissions. …
- Use a quick third-party uninstaller. …
- Use Registry Editor. …
- Check if uninstall path is correct in your registry. …
- Install the latest version and then uninstall it. …
- Turn off User Account Control.
Does Avast slow down your computer?
Does Avast slow down my computer? When your computer slows to a crawl, it is very frustrating. … That’s why an excellent choice is Avast antivirus products. Avast provides high detection rates and good protection against malware, but it does not degrade system performance or annoy users by being resource hungry.
Is Avast uninstall safe?
Using the Avast Uninstall Utility is the most reliable uninstallation method as it completely removes all Avast Antivirus files from your PC while Windows runs in Safe Mode.
Should I uninstall Avast?
So the big question for consumers is should they now uninstall their Avast AV software. And, according to security experts, the answer is no.
How long does Avast take to uninstall?
It may take a few minutes for the progress bar to complete as the uninstallation deletes all of the Avast files distributed throughout your system. When the uninstallation is complete, you’ll see a prompt to restart the computer so the uninstallation can complete. Select the Restart computer button to finish.
What is the best antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.