What is the first step in securing an operating system?
Securing an operating system initially would generally include the following steps: Patch and upgrade the operating system, Remove or disable unnecessary services and applications, Configure operating system user authentication, Configure resource controls, Install and configure additional security controls, Perform …
What are the five steps that can be used to ensure the security of an OS?
5 steps for securing your computer
- Keep your operating system and applications updated. Set up your computer for automatic software updates to your operating system (OS). …
- Use antivirus software. …
- Install FREE WiscVPN to secure your wireless connection. …
- Protect your NetID, password and MFA-Duo credentials. …
- Use a firewall.
Which of the steps you will use to secure the base operating system?
NIST SP 800-123 suggests the following basic steps that should be used to secure an operating system: Install and patch the operating system. Harden and configure the operating system to adequately address the identified security needs of the system by: Removing unnecessary services, applications, and protocols.
Which of the following is an example of a trusted OS?
Examples of certified trusted operating systems are: Apple Mac OS X 10.6 (Rated EAL 3+) HP-UX 11i v3 (Rated EAL 4+) Some Linux distributions (Rated up to EAL 4+)
How to Prevent Unauthorized Computer Access
- Install all Security Patches.
- Browsing the Internet? Pay Due Attention to File Sharing.
- Keep the Firewall On.
- Carefully Read Your Email MEssages and Know the Senders.
- Maintain a Proper Backup of Your Data Online.
- Make Use of Strong Passwords.
What is designing secure operating system?
Secure Operating System and Software Architecture builds upon the secure hardware described in the previous section, providing a secure interface between hardware and the applications (and users) which access the hardware. Kernels have two basic designs: monolithic and microkernel.
How would you verify that your operating system is secure?
Choose Start→Control Panel→System and Security. In the resulting System and Security window, click the Review Your Computer’s Status and Resolve Issues link. Check to see if there are any alerts tagged with red.