Ensuring orderly plan activation is important but not as critical as reducing damage to the operation. What is the FIRST action an information security manager should take when a company laptop is reported stolen? The key step in such an incident is to report it to mitigate any loss.
What is the primary focus in an organization considers taking legal action on a security incident?
What is the PRIMARY focus if an organization considers taking legal action on a security incident? … Define and monitor security metrics.
What is the first step in security incident management quizlet?
The first step in incident management or handling an incident properly is recognizing. when one occurs. The idea of an incident response policy. An incident response policy is the. procedure to follow when a security breach or security violation has occurred.
Which of the following is the first step in developing an incident response plan?
The Five Steps of Incident Response
- Preparation. Preparation is the key to effective incident response. …
- Detection and Reporting. …
- Triage and Analysis. …
- Containment and Neutralization. …
- Post-Incident Activity.
What are the 6 stages of evidence handling?
Incident response is typically broken down into six phases; preparation, identification, containment, eradication, recovery and lessons learned.
What are the steps to recover from an incident?
The incident response phases are:
- Lessons Learned.
What’s the first step in performing a security risk assessment?
What is the first step in performing a security risk assessment?
- Step 1: Identify Your Information Assets.
- Step 2: Identify the Asset Owners.
- Step 3: Identify Risks to Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the Information Assets.
- Step 4: Identify the Risk Owners.
What is the first step if you are in an incident?
Preparation is the first step in the creation of an incident response plan, and it involves trying to think about all the possible threat scenarios that could affect the attributes of a specific asset and the appropriate response to each of these scenarios.
What is the third step in the incident response life cycle?
The NIST incident response lifecycle
- Phase 1: Preparation. …
- Phase 2: Detection and Analysis. …
- Phase 3: Containment, Eradication, and Recovery. …
- Phase 4: Post-Event Activity.
What are the 5 stages of the incident management process?
The Five Steps of Incident Resolution
- Incident Identification, Logging, and Categorization. Incidents are identified through user reports, solution analyses, or manual identification. …
- Incident Notification & Escalation. …
- Investigation and Diagnosis. …
- Resolution and Recovery. …
- Incident Closure.
What are the five steps of incident response in order?
Develop Steps for Incident Response
- Step 1: Detection and Identification. When an incident occurs, it’s essential to determine its nature. …
- Step 2: Containment. A quick response is critical to mitigating the impact of an incident. …
- Step 3: Remediation. …
- Step 4: Recovery. …
- Step 5: Assessment.
What is the first priority and first steps to be taken when an incident is detected?
Containment – Once an incident is detected or identified, containing it is a top priority. The main purpose of containment is to contain the damage and prevent further damage from occurring (as noted in step number two, the earlier incidents are detected, the sooner they can be contained to minimize damage).