What is the use of information security?
Information security refers to the processes and methodologies which are designed and implemented to protect print, electronic, or any other form of confidential, private and sensitive information or data from unauthorized access, use, misuse, disclosure, destruction, modification, or disruption.
What are examples of information security?
Examples of Information Security Incidents
- Unauthorized disclosure of sensitive information.
- Theft or loss of equipment that contains private or potentially sensitive information.
- Extensive virus or malware outbreak and/or traffic.
- Attempts (either failed or successful) to gain unauthorized access to a system or it’s data.
What is Information Security explain the purpose of information security?
Information security is designed and implemented to protect the print, electronic and other private, sensitive and personal data from unauthorized persons. It is used to protect data from being misused, disclosure, destruction, modification, and disruption.
What are the five goals of information security?
Primary Goals of Network Security – Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- • Confidentiality.
- • Integrity.
- • Availability.
- Integrity: The second goal of Network Security is “Integrity”. …
- Availability: The third goal of network security is “Availability”.
What is information security simple words?
Information security is about protecting information so that people who should not have access to it cannot distribute, see, change, or delete it. … Information security has to do with the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data in any form e.g. electronic, print, or other forms.
How does information security work?
Network security involves implementing both hardware and software mechanisms to protect the network and infrastructure from unauthorized access, disruptions, and misuse. Effective network security helps protect organizational assets against multiple external and internal threats.