Once an HSBC Security Device has been activated, it’s uniquely linked to you. If you don’t have it with you, you can still log on by selecting the “Without Security Device” tab on the logon page, but you will not be able to access certain transactions.
How do I unlock my HSBC security device?
If your Secure Key is locked, it’ll show a 7-digit code whenever it is turned on. To continue using online banking, you’ll need to reset your PIN online. To do this, start logging on to online banking and enter your username. On the next screen, select ‘Forgotten your Secure Key PIN’.
How do I use my HSBC security device?
Using your Security Device
- Press and hold for 2 seconds to turn on the device.
- Enter your PIN.
- Press once to delete one character, press and hold to clear the screen.
- After you’ve entered your PIN and you see the ‘HSBC’ screen, press the green button again to generate a log on security code.
How do I get a digital secure key HSBC?
Log on to online banking with your Secure Key
- Enter your username, (this is only required if you have not selected ‘remember my username’) and select ‘continue’
- The ‘With Secure Key’ tab will already be selected for you.
- Answer your memorable question. …
- Open your HSBC Mobile Banking app and select ‘Generate Security Code’
How do I get my first direct security code?
For secure access to the desktop website simply select ‘Generate Security Code’ on the App homescreen and enter your Digital Security Key password. The App will then generate a six digit log on security code which you can use to log on securely to the first direct Online Banking and access all the features.
Can you have HSBC on two phones?
Can two people use the same phone as their Digital Security Devices? No. For security reasons, your Digital Security Device can only be registered to one phone at a time, and only one Digital Security Device can be registered to any one smartphone.
What is the digital secure key password HSBC?
Digital Secure Key, a function of HSBC Mobile Banking application, is an application of one time password generation, which you can use in your iOS and Android mobile devices. Following the activation of Digital Secure Key, you can access the HSBC Mobile Banking application just with a single password.
How do I get an HSBC PIN?
Generating HSBC Credit Card PIN at an ATM
- Insert your HSBC credit card in the machine.
- Choose your preference of language.
- Click on ‘Create new ATM PIN’.
- Choose the ‘using OTP’ option.
- Then enter the OTP sent to your mobile.
- Add your mobile number when prompted.
- Add a 4-digit PIN of your choice.
How long does the HSBC Secure Key lock for?
The Secure Key is now temporarily locked and you will be unable to use it for approximately 1 hour. This message will remain on the screen of the Secure Key until the lock out has expired, then the Key will automatically power off.
How do I activate HSBC Mobile Banking?
If you’re not yet an online banking customer:
- Download the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app from the app store.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select ‘Register for mobile and online banking’.
- Follow the on screen instructions to register and activate your Digital Secure Key.