How do I install McAfee agent handler?
- Open the folder where you extracted the contents of the McAfee ePO software installation package.
- Copy the Agent Handler folder to the intended Agent Handler server system.
- Right-click Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the McAfee Agent Handler InstallShield wizard.
What is McAfee agent handler?
Agent Handlers route communication between agents and your McAfee ePO server. Each McAfee ePO server contains a master Agent Handler. … Helps manage an increased number of products and systems managed by a single, logical McAfee ePO server in situations where the CPU on the database server is not overloaded.
How do I manually deploy McAfee agent?
- Copy the installation package, FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system.
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is installed.
What ports need to be open for McAfee agent?
|Default port||Protocol||Traffic direction|
|1433||TCP||Outbound connection from the McAfee ePO server|
|1434||UDP||Outbound connection from the McAfee ePO server|
|8081||TCP||Outbound connection from the McAfee ePO server|
|8443||TCP||Inbound connection to the McAfee ePO server|
How do I upgrade my agent handler?
Upgrade your Agent Handlers
- Copy the Agent Handler folder, included in the McAfee ePO software installation package, to the system.
- Right-click Setup.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the McAfee ePO Agent Handler InstallShield Wizard.
- Click Next to begin the upgrade process.
What is an agent handler?
Definition. An agent handler is. [a]n intelligence officer or co-opted worker directly responsible for the operational activities of an agent. an officer or principal agent who directly manages an agent or agent network.
How does McAfee ePO work?
McAfee ePO software provides flexible, automated management capabilities so you identify, manage, and respond to security issues and threats. … McAfee ePO software helps drive down the cost and complexity of managing security. For more information about McAfee ePO features, read the product data sheet.
What is McAfee master repository?
The Master Repository maintains the latest versions of security software and updates for your environment. This repository is the source for the rest of your environment. Note: By default, McAfee ePO uses Microsoft Internet Explorer proxy settings.
What are McAfee ePO extensions?
Most products have two extensions: a “management” extension, which allows ePO to create policies and tasks for the product, and a “reporting” extension, which allows ePO to understand the events and messages that the point product sends back.
How do I download the latest McAfee agent?
Download the McAfee Agent frame package file
- In McAfee ePO, select System Tree → New Systems.
- For How to add systems, select Create and download agent installation package.
- For version, select Windows and 5.0. 5 or later.
- Click OK to download a valid McAfee Agent installation package from your McAfee ePO server.
How do I deploy McAfee agent to ePO?
- Select Menu → Systems → System Tree, then select the groups or systems where you want to deploy McAfee Agent.
- Click Actions → Agent → Deploy Agents.
- Select the appropriate Agent version drop-down list given the target operating system, and select a version from that list.
- Select these options as appropriate:
How do I manually install McAfee agent on Linux?
Installing McAfee Agent on Linux / CentOS
- STEP 1: Upload the Installers.
- STEP 2: Extract and Run installer.
- STEP 3: ePO Service Check.
- STEP 4: Check status on ePU GUI.
- STEP 1: Extract and Start Installer.
- STEP 2: Configure ePO VirusScaner.
- STEP 3: Login to McAfee Virus Scan.
- STEP 4: Managing McAfee VirusScan for Linux.